Event 8 – ‘Super Stack Elevator’
Level 28: Blinds 30,000/60,000/5,000 ante (75 Minutes)
Total Entries: 274
When the Elevator finally stopped on the 75-minute level, all the chips sat in front of the player known only as “The General”. Although he did not want to be photographed during play on Day 2, he finally relented and allowed us to take his photo with the trophy. His win here today was good for $37,205 and the hefty new trophy modeled after the Borgata Hotel tower.
The post-game interview, however, was also declined. We do know that this is his first title in a major event and he has a few prior small cashes here at Borgata.
The Super Stack Elevator event has quickly become a favorite since it’s introduction to the Borgata Open Series lineup in 2015. The continually increasing length of the levels gives players plenty of time to play solid poker.
The final table was packed with poker pros, including reigning WPT World Champion Asher Conniff, Harrison Gimbel, Dan Buzgon, Jake Schwartz, and David Jackson.
Super Stack Elevator Final Table Results
- The General (Portland, ME) $37,205
- Daniel Charrette (Joliette, Quebec, Canada) $21,927
- Jake Schwartz (Atlanta, GA) $12,625
- David Jackson (Jonesboro, GA) $10,233
- Dan Buzgon (Marlton, NJ) $7,973
- Aaron Belardo (Newry, ME) $6,645
- Carmen Labruto (Ocean City, MD) $5,316
- Daniel Magnuson (Cary, NC) $3,987
- Harrison Gimbel (Jupiter, FL) $2,658
- Asher Conniff (Brooklyn, NY) $1,728
POST A COMMENT